10 Days Kailash & Mansarovar Yatra by Helicopter!
Duration: 09 Nights / 10 Days
Places to Visit: Kathmandu - Nepalgunj – Simikot – Hilsa – Taklakot - Purang - Lake Manasarovar - Yam Dwa - Deraphuk Dolma - La Pass - Gaurikund Zutulphuk - Hilsa - Hilsa - Simikot - Nepalgunj – Kathmandu
You can commence the helicopter tour via Kathmandu combining with Pashupati Darshan but people with limited time frame can opt their route via Lucknow too. The trip requires 10 days from Kathmandu, but it requires 2 days less via Lucknow.
The ideal time to undertake this journey is from middle of May till the end of June. Normally, the weather during this period will be stable in the mountain with less rain fall & cloud. Weather plays a vital role for Helicopter journey.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Upon arrival in Kathmandu, you will be met at the airport by us & transferred to Hotel in Kathmandu. Evening, tour briefing & dinner.
Day 02: Morning: Sightseeing tour; afternoon fly to Nepalgunj
Early morning visit Pashupatinath temple and Budhanilkantha temple (sleeping Bishnu). After sightseeing, return back to Hotel for lunch then get yourself ready for setting off to the domestic airport for your flight to Nepalgunj. In Nepalgunj, you will be met by our local representative and transferred to hotel. Dinner and overnight stay in Nepalgunj. Sightseeing: 3 hours Kathmandu - Nepalgunj flight: 1 hour.
Day 03: Nepalgunj to Simikot flight
Morning you should pack our belongings and get ready at around. At 5 a.m., you should be reporting at the airport and 6 m. flight will be taken off, if the weather is alright. The flight from Nepalgunj to Simikot operates only in the morning time. From 10 a.m. onward, the weather en route in the mountain region may become windy and cloudy, so the flight may cancel.
In Simikot, our staff will receive you at the airport, serve tea /coffee then escort you to the Guesthouse. Today, you will be staying overnight in Simikot for acclimatization purpose. Nepalgunj - Simikot flight: 1 hour
Day 04: Simikot to Hilsa by Helicopter - then drive to Taklakot (3400m)
Today also, you have to leave the bed very early. If the weather is clear, we start flying to Hilsa by Helicopter at around 6 am in the morning from Simikot. So, everyone should be ready and standby at the airport at 5 am. This scenic flight takes about 20 minutes to reach Hilsa. Since our helicopter can carry only 4 to 5 (maximum) passengers at a time, we have to make some extra shuttle flights depending on your group size to bring all passengers to Hilsa. Another 30 minutes will be consumed for landing in Hilsa and return back to Simikot.
After crossing the border, complete the immigration formalities in Chinese side then make process to Taklakot. It will take another 1 hour to reach Taklakot. Once, you get on in the Land Cruiser, you will be getting off only after reaching hotel. Overnight Taklakot Guesthouse.
Simikot - Hilsa: 20 minutes by Helicopter
Hilsa to Chinese immigration: 10 minutes walk (flat road)
Chinese immigration to Taklakot: 1 hour drive
Day 05: Purang to Lake Manasarovar (Chiu Gompa 4550m)
Morning after breakfast, you will be setting off for lake Manasasarovar. A brief halt will be taken on the way in the shore of Lake Rakhash from where you get first Darshan of Mt. Kailash. You will then continue drive to Lake Manasarovar, do holy dip and Pooja. After Pooja, we will serve lunch, then you will be departing for parikrama of Manasarovar on Jeep. The entire parikrama is about 72 kms Manasarovar parikrama: 72 kms - 3 hours
Day 06: Drive to Yam Dwar Then Trek to Deraphuk (4920 m.)
Early morning drive to Asthapad (above Darchen), after spending sometime there return back to Darchen then continue drive to Yama Dwar. You will meet yaks (to carry foods & necessary equipment) and horse (if you have booked one for yourself) and proceed for trekking to Deraphuk. The distance from Yamdwar to Deraphuk is about 10 km and & it requires approximately 5 hours. The trail is flat and reasonably easy. Overnight at guest house.
Lake Mansarovar to Asthapad: 1 hour & half
Darchen to Yam Dwar: 45 minutes
Yam Dwar to Deraphuk: 5 to 6 hours
Altitude of Deraphuk: 4920 m.
Day 07: Deraphuk Dolma-La Pass (5600m) Gaurikund Zutulphuk (4780m)
Hindu people believe that to make God happy & get merit, you have to go through austerities. Today is the toughest and longest day of this journey. You must wake up and start your journey for the next destination at around 6 am in the morning with light foods/soup. Right from the beginning till the Dolma pass (5600 m.), you have to go up hill (at least 3 hours). However, in between, there are flat portion of the trail.
After reaching Dolma pass, the trail descends to other side of mountain via Gauri Kunda (also called Parvati Kunda). It is believed that the consort of Lord Shiva, Parvati, takes bath here. The trail further down from here is rocky & scree with loose rocks. So, you need to be very careful while descending. After reaching down to the valley base (other side), the trail becomes wider and flatter. You will walk for few hours to reach
Zutulphuk. Overnight at tented camp.
Deraphuk to Zutulphuk: 22 km (9 10 hrs trek)
Dolma-La Pass: 5600 m.
Zutul Phuk: 4780 m.
Day 08: Finish Trek Near Darchen Then Drive Back to Hilsa
Early morning you should pack everything and proceed for the last leg of this trek. Today, you will be picked up by our Jeep near Darchen. The trek approximately takes about 3 hours to reach the pick point and the trail is quite easy and flat. From Darchen, we will escort you to Hilsa where you will spend a night. Overnight at Guesthouse in Hilsa.
Zutulphuk to Darchen: 10 km / 3 hrs trek
Darchen to Hilsa: 3 hours drive
Day 09: Hilsa - Simikot - Nepalgunj - Kathmandu
Early morning at around 6.30 am, our Helicopter will come to Hilsa to pick you up. As usual, we have to make shuttle flights to bring the entire group back to Simikot. From Simikot, you will fly back to Nepalgunj with scheduled-flight. Freshen up + lunch in Nepalgunj then fly back to Kathmandu late in the afternoon. Our staff will meet you in Kathmandu airport then transfer to Hotel
Hilsa - Simikot: 20 minutes by Helicopter
Simikot to Nepalgunj: 1 hour flight by twin otter OR Avro plane
Nepalgunj to Kathmandu: 1 hour flight
Day 10: Departure from Kathmandu
We will transfer you to kathmandu International airport for your flight back home.
Tour Cost includes
- 2 nights Hotel (twin sharing) in Kathmandu with vegetarian meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
- One night hotel in Nepalgunj with vegetarian meals (twin sharing)
- One night Hotel in Simikot in Sun Valley Resort (dormitory room with common bathroom)
- One night hotel in Hilsa (very very basic dormitory room) with all meals
- Pick up & drop transfers in Kathmandu
- One half-day sightseeing tour in Kathmandu
- Necessary arrival / departure transfers in Nepalgunj (very normal vehicle available here)
- Kathmandu - Nepalgunj Kathmandu air ticket (fixed wing Yeti Air OR Buddha Air)
- Nepalgunj - Simikot Nepalgunj air ticket (fixed wing Twin otter aircraft OR dronier)
- Simikot - Hilsa Simikot by Helicopter (only 4 OR 5 persons can be carried at a time)
- Domestic airport taxes (all sectors)
- Tibet group visa and travel/trekking permits
- Guesthouse in Tibet (for the entire journey) except in Taklakot all places have dormitory
- Guesthouse with Tibetan common toilet
- All Indian vegetarian meals in Tibet (breakfast, lunch & dinner) while on the tour
- Transportation in Tibet by 4 WD 4500 CC Land cruiser
- Tour around Lake Manasarovar on vehicle
- Asthapad Darshan
- English speaking Tibetan guide
- One tour Manager from Kathmandu to Kathmandu
- Necessary supporting crew (Cook, Sherpas, tour Manager from Nepal)
- All necessary Kitchen & camping equipments
- Yaks & Yak men during the Parikrama to carry foods and baggage
- Oxygen for emergency use
- Medical kit bag / First Aid kit
- Humla region restricted area permit & royalties
- Porter cost in Hilsa (while going and coming back)
- All applicable taxes & service charges
Tour cost does not include
- Riding Horse during the Parikrama
- Your travel insurance
- Insurance for emergency rescue & evacuation service
- Personal expenses
- Bottled drinks
- Tip for guide & driver
- Extra accommodation charge in Nepalgunj, Simikot and Hilsa due to flight cancellation
- Any additional cost due to natural calamity and unforeseen circumstances